This comprehensive one-day program provides participants with certification in Sclerotherapy. The morning session includes a didactic portion, where the participants will learn the different injection techniques for Sclerotherapy. The afternoon session consists of extensive hands-on training used to cement the didactic portion of the course, so that participants leave with a comprehensive understanding of these procedures. This allows the participants to implement Sclerotherapy into their practice as soon as they feel comfortable.
The Sclerotherapy Training class is formatted especially for medical professionals, including Physicians (MD & DO), Registered Nurses (RN), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Physicians Assistants (PA).
PLEASE NOTE: Although the above professionals are eligible to participate in AMET training seminars, AMET strongly recommends that potential participants contact their state licensing board to determine regulations specific to their state. Acceptance into an AMET seminar does not construe authority to perform procedures subsequent to training.
Aesthetic Medical Educators Training will provide comprehensive training, both didactic and practical, that will allow medical professionals to immediately incorporate this procedure into a new or existing practice.
- Discuss the underlying pathology of spider veins
- Describe various sclerosant agents and dilutions
- Explain the risks, complications and after-care for Sclerotherapy
- Describe adjuvant therapies (including lasers) for the treatment of spider veins
- Demonstrate Sclerotherapy injection proficiency
- Demonstrate surface Electrocoagulation/Thermolysis technique proficiency
Sclerotherapy Class Agenda:
- 7:45-8:00 Registration
- 8:00-8:10 Introduction
- 8:10-8:20 History/Mechanism of Action of Sclerotherapy
- 8:20-8:30 Anatomy/Physiology of Lower Extremity Venous system
- 8:30-8:40 Pathology/Indication/Contraindications for Sclerotherapy
- 8:40-9:00 Benefits/Risks/Complications of Sclerotherapy
- 9:00-9:15 Sclerosants
- 9:15-9:30 Evaluation/Physical Examination
- 9:30-9:45 Break
- 9:45-10:00 Equipment needed/illumination/Technique
- 10:00-10:15 Patient education (Pre and Post procedure)
- 10:15-10:30 Documentation/Informed Consent/Photography/Charting
- 10:30-10:45 Compression after Sclerotherapy
- 10:45-11:00 Reference Material/Resources
- 11:00-12:00 Lunch (provided by AMET)
- 12:00-3:00 Demonstration and Hands-on Training
- 3:00-3:30 Questions and Answers/Course Evaluation
Currently Scheduled Sclerotherapy Training Seminars: